We are privileged to partner with the independent book store, Bank Square Books, a beloved locally owned landmark, to present author dinners to patrons within our region and beyond.
Dinner with Colman Andrews
February 12, 2017
Winner of ten James Beard Awards, Colman Andrews is one of the most acclaimed food writers of our time. Colman co-founded Saveur magazine and served as Editor-in-Chief from 2001 to 2007. Colman currently serves as Editorial Director of The Daily Meal. In celebration of Colman's book, The British Table, our chef James Wayman prepared a New England take on the proper English Sunday Roast.
- Potted goose with fermented mustard, pickles and rye paired with Samuel Smith Organic Lager
- Fish and chips paired with Domaine Jean Aubron Muscadet 2014
- 40-day aged prime roast beef with Yorkshire pudding and neeps paired with Chateau Haut-Segottes St. Emilion Grand Cru 2011
- Beet root salad with fresh horseradish, greens and a soft egg paired with Pedro Ximenez Oloroso Sherry
- Gooseberry Fool paired with Lucien Albrecht Cremant d’Alsace rose
Dinner with Dorie Greenspan
November 6, 2016
In November 2016 we were delighted to welcome dear friend and New York Times best-selling author Dorie Greenspan for a dinner celebrating her latest book Dorie's Cookies. Years ago, Dorie gave up a doctorate in gerontology to "bake cookies in a restaurant basement" and since then has written twelve cookbooks, winning four James Beard Awards along the way. In addition to her celebrated cookbooks, she writes a column, Everyday Dorie, for Washington Post Food. We were thrilled to present a menu featuring ingredients locally sourced from our coastal landscape, capping the evening off with none other than Dorie's famous cookies.
- Raw Stonington scallops with Concord grape vinegar, rosemary, olive oil and poppy seeds
- Roasted Noank oysters with smoked lemon beurre blanc
- Georgia Candy Roaster squash stuffed with CT grains, crispy duck confit, herbs, and dried fruit, served with a rich mushroom sauce
- Salad of spicy winter greens with roasted pears, warm brown butter - hazelnut dressing, Mystic Cheese Co's Frost cheese, and lemon marmalade
- Ginger cookie ice cream sandwich with sesame - caramel ice cream
- Dorie's World Peace cookies, Valchris Farm blueberry Jammers, and her newest chocolate chip cookies!