On Wednesday, October 26, our talented team of chefs had the honor of cooking on hallowed ground at the James Beard House in Manhattan. We had the rare privilege to showcase outstanding products native to Connecticut, that we are lucky to use regularly at Oyster Club. Local oysters from our coastal waters, tomatoes picked and poached at the peak of freshness, fresh sourdough bread made by our Chef James Wayman, a variety of local mushrooms foraged by our chef, were amongst some of the stellar ingredients of our "Connecticut Coastal Bounty" menu that night. Several of our most loyal guests and artisan purveyors and farmers, now close friends and part of the OC family, joined us to experience the dishes that their products help to create. We thank all of you for your continued support as we navigate the narrative created by our food, and the people, places, and practices involved along the way. Cheers!
- Roasted Noank oysters with candy roaster squash smoked pork fat and house made cider vinegar syrup
- Coffee smoked tartare of lamb with house made cardamom sourdough, charred onion mayo and red wine duck egg
- Crispy hen of the woods mushroom with roasted garlic ricotta, tomato shrub and house cured ham
- Oyster Club's cornbread with chicken liver mousse, fermented habanero honey and red currant preserve
- Line caught blackfish crudo with brown butter, crispy grains, lovage and lemon condiment
- Stonington red shrimp with two month aged habanero ghee, sweet potato and house made peach vinegar aged in a rum barrel
- Fermented porridge of CT grown grains with foraged mushrooms, house cured ham, sweet corn and sage maple syrup
- Slow roasted dry aged leg of goat's milk fed veal with black garlic butter, sheep's sorrel and charred sunchoke puree
- Whole tomato preserved in smoked pork fat with Mystic Cheese Co's umami frost and cured pork bone tonkotsu broth - served with house made sesame - kelp sourdough
- Foraged CT black walnut, chestnut brown butter cake with Valchris farm blueberry caramel and milk chocolate ice cream
- Chocolate Marquis truffle with fermented coffee bean, cider caramel and brown butter - rye shortbread
Photos by Catherine Dzilenski of Oyster Club, and Rina Oh of The James Beard Foundation.